Our human resources staff are often asked what they look for most in an application, cover letter and CV. Which is why we’d like to give you some tips here on how to best present yourself.
The following is important in this regard:
Provide us with your complete application documents
This will normally include the following documents:
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae
- All professionally relevant certificates and credentials (including school-leaving certificate)
Things to be aware of in your application letter
In your letter (no more than 1 page) you should give us an impression of yourself and explain why you are applying to join our company:
- Which position are you applying for?
- Why are you interested in this work?
- What makes you particularly suitable?
- What are your salary expectations and when can you start?
Send us an up-to-date CV
- You should structure your CV in a tabular format.
- Use a chronological breakdown according to months and years.
- Ideally, your CV should not be longer than 3 pages.
Be sure to observe all standards
Check your letter and CV for errors in wording, spelling and formatting. Accepted file formats for online and e-mail applications are .doc, .pdf and .jpg. Be careful to ensure that the total size of all files does not exceed 4 MB. If possible, please combine multiple files with similar subject matter into a single file.
What we are looking for
- Skills – check that you satisfy as closely as possible the targeted requirements profile for the position that interests you – or that you can offer appropriate experience and abilities which can be applied to the position in question.
- Motivation – highlight your interest in our company and show us just why you are predestined to work for us.
- Character – show us who you are and what makes you special.
Talanx your career. We look forward to receiving your application.